Last week I had the pleasure of joining Homer Christensen of Conga for a customer-showcase webinar on Madcap Flare 11.
Homer did a great job walking through their Flare 11 iterations. And you’ve got to admit, the Conga webhelp site does look pretty slick. It’s worth watching the webinar just to see what his team accomplished and how.
My outline for the webinar was as follows:
- Navigation – How we moved from snippets to the primary TOC
- Page Layouts – I touch on the Foundation CSS that’s now embedded in Flare 11 Top Nav outputs. (Learn more about Foundation here.)
- Google Custom Search Engine – Our webhelp uses a Google CSE instead of Flare’s search engine. I walk through how to implement that.
- Analytics – I touch a bit on installing Google Analytics and Webmaster Tools on your Flare project.
- Our SEO performance – We had made a lot of SEO gains with Flarestrap, so there was a bit of concern about switching over to Flare 11. I talk a bit about our experience there.
Anyway, a fine time was had by all. Check out the webinar recording and slides here.